For a while i was searching through used bookstores for art and photography books. The following is some of the results. Someday when i have money this list will be much larger...
for Not Doing
- Vali Myers
- Guiseppe Arcimboldo
- A Day in the Life of the Soviet Union
- Aperture; number 97 for example.
- Hawaii, Land of Many Dreams
- His Living Creation
- Moments: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs
- The Family of Children
- The Family of Man
- The Family of Woman
- The Vietnam Experience: Combat Photographer
- Alex Webb, Hot Light / Half-Made Worlds
- David Bonavia, Unknown China
- David Munro, The Four Horsemen: The Flames of War in the Third World
- Donald McCullin, I Grandi Fotografi
- Edvard Munch
- El Greco
- Ernst Friedrich, War against War!
- Gary Larson, The Far Side. Though i think many people in this country find black humor funny for the wrong reasons.
- Gilbert Williams, sometimes. Too much "new age" stuff deny too many elements of the human psyche. His art would be much better if a bit of reality could be mixed in.
- Gloria Morris, Imaginary Images
- Hans Samson & Laura Rous, In The Beginning
- Kevin Kelley, editor, The Home Planet
- Kjell Sandved, Rain Forests and Cloud Forests
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Pablo Picasso
- Paul F. Walter's collection, A Personal View
- Salvador Dali
- Sara Godwin, Gorillas
- Talking Heads, Frank Olinsky, et. al., What the Songs Look Like: Contemporary Artists Interpret Talking Heads Songs. Specifics: Robert Rauschenberg, Stephen Kroninger, Tadanoori Yokoo, Joseph Nechvatal, Robert Yarber, Eddie Ruscha, Alex Grey, ... actually, maybe i'm more interested in the lyrics than the art...
- Tina Modotti, I Grandi Fotografi
- Vincent Van Gogh
- William Blake